HIV/AIDS has affected all of us in deep and personal ways, and the race for a cure continues. I am thinking about my friend John, a wonderful artist with the most biting wit, who passed away from AIDS-related health issues about four years ago now.
December 1st is World AIDS Day, and there are a number of events happening in Second Life and well as of course in the real world. HealthInfo Island (click here to teleport) is sponsoring a number of activities around World AIDS Day starting at 9AM PST, including:
- A Workshop on "Looking for Health: Finding Quality HIV/AIDS Information by Carolina Keat"
- Special displays and newsfeeds on HIV/AIDS
- An AIDS Walk with information about HIV/AIDS Support Groups in SL
- Podcasts on AIDS by the Center for Disease Control in the Podcast Globe
- A guided tour around the Island
- Live coverage of the Teen Grid Event
In addition, DenmarkCopenhagen sim (click here to teleport) is hosting a fundraiser party from 2PM PST to raise money for the World AIDS Foundation. Their goal is to collect L$ 50,000 in one day, so come on by and drop some lindens in the bucket.
And for you teens out there, there will also be activities on the SL Teen Grid.